How to Preserve Carrot Cakes
- How long does carrot cake last? The precise answer to that question depends to a large extent on storage conditions – keep freshly baked carrot cake in a dry area.
- To maximize the shelf life of carrot cake, cover with foil or plastic wrap to prevent drying out.
- Properly stored, freshly baked carrot cake will last for about 1 to 2 days at normal room temperature.
- *Refrigerate immediately any cake that contains frosting or filling made with dairy products or eggs, such as buttercream, whipped cream or custard frostings or fillings.
- How long does carrot cake last in the fridge? Freshly baked carrot cake will keep well for about 1 week in the fridge when properly stored; when refrigerating, cover with foil or plastic wrap to prevent cake from drying out.
- Can you freeze carrot cake? Yes, to freeze: wrap carrot cake tightly with aluminum foil or plastic freezer wrap, or place in heavy-duty freezer bag.
- How long does carrot cake last in the freezer? Properly stored, it will maintain best quality for about 4 to 6 months, but will remain safe beyond that time.
- The freezer time shown is for best quality only – carrot cake that has been kept constantly frozen at 0℉ will keep safe indefinitely.
- How to tell if carrot cake is bad or spoiled? The best way is to smell and look at the carrot cake: discard any that has an off smell or appearance; if mold appears, discard the carrot cake.